Yesterday was the first time I installed apache and php on windows! The apache 2 installer worked out of the box, but I had 2 annoyances with php.
I decided to do the manual install, as recommended. Following all the steps was easy, but to get it to work, I had to make the following changes:
LoadModuledirective needs to specify the sapi subdirectory, so if the files are in
C:\php, the correct directive in
LoadModule php4_module "c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
- I needed the gd extension, so I uncommented the
php.in(a copy of
php.ini-recommended), but that was not good enough. I had to modify the
php.inito point at the extensions subdirectory, e.g.
extension_dir = "c:/php/extensions". After restarting apache everything worked as expected.